Friday, March 14, 2008

So Far Today:

 

Done points song, and violin practice, and Delta is dancing to music.  I'm a little short on patience today though, so not sure how much we are going to do....    I do want to scan in the funny faces that I want him to practice tracing....  kind of a fun option/break from handwritting.....

 

and [to someone that asked about swimming here]

 

Last year they had all the Lil' Dippers in one class no matter the level in summer (and all year too).  Maybe I'll try to talk to the Head of water programs before they set the schedule, to get them to divide it into 2 or 3 levels  (I'd like Bobbers and Floaters together, and Gliders and Divers together, and Surfers and Dippers together.)  But the way your Y has it would be ok.  As I mentioned, last year, they stayed in the shallow pool the whole time, except 1 day per session.   We did find the summer swimming program was very helpful - but I was happy when Delta was put with the Otters for the last session last year.   I just really feel that the kids don't progress as well when they are in such a widely mixed group....

 

I'm hoping to find out when Delta's teacher is teaching the summer session (if he is) and will try to sign him up for his classes....

No comments: