Saturday, March 22, 2008

Got an Organ!

Yesterday - got the violin practice in, and I'm sure I got something else in, but can't think of what. Oh yeah, and I've started teaching them the organ. We got it for free from freecycle, and used to play as a teenager. Mike wants me to use it to teach the kids - and it has taken a while to decide how to do it. Basically, for the moment, I'm going to try to sort-of do it like a suzuki piano teacher.... I'm going to grab the recordings and books. I did some searching on the internet, and got some notes meant for the teachers.... so they had their first little lesson today. I hope that I don't "mess them up" with bad technique or anything....

Did you know that organ's seem to be pretty much extinct???? Yamaha doesn't make them anymore, and I haven't found a place that carries music here for it yet..... so that is disappointing. We got a lot of music with the organ, but I was hoping to get some kid stuff, etc. The organ we got for free was probably around $10,000 when it was new.....

No comments: