Thursday, April 10, 2008

Light Day

Today:   Another light day because of the doctor's appointments....

 

Delta did a bunch of puzzles...

 

When we went outside, I got to show him animal "scat" in our yard.  (In case you are not aware of the term "scat" - it is the term for wildlife poop.)   I'm pretty sure it was deer scat.   Delta thought it was pretty neat, because it meant that there was a deer in our yard last night.   (There are a LOT of deer in our neighbourhood - he has seen them in our yard through the window once or twice.)    Guess I better clean it up tomorrow....

 

They got to play at a dear sister's house (in our ward) who was kind enough to babysit with little notice so I didn't have to take them to my appointment.   Apparently when they were colouring, Echo asked the sister to draw an L (her favourite letter), and an M - and then was asking for an "ahh"  (the sound A makes in her reading.... we are focusing on the sounds, not the names....)....  it took a while for the sister to realize what she wanted, then she clued in on it.      This sister used to watch the kids while I ran the cub program at church - and was always impressed on their intelligence.  (ok, I'll try to stop bragging now...)

 

Because I started hurting later on, I didn't make them do anything really.  Delta found the leap-pad that has been stored for over a year.... and he found a matching book and cartridge, so I got out batteries, and he did that for a while.  Unfortunately the "Power-touch Baby" that we have isn't working right, so I couldn't let Echo use that....

 

I think that was about it.....   Delta pointed out a couple of birds though, and has mentioned wishing the leaves would come so he could have his leaf collection....

 

  

No comments: