Sunday, April 27, 2008

Same Ol'

Hm - guess I haven't updated this for a couple of days!

 

Doing the standards - I am very impressed with the scripture study.   Echo has 3 scriptures MEMORIZED....  I give her the book of the reference and she says the chapter and verse number (so far everything has been in different books) - and then she says the whole scripture!  (Sometimes I have to give her the first word or so.)  Delta is pretty much the same - although today he sort-of combined 2 scriptures together....    I have also memorized the scriptures, but for the life of me I can't remember the book/chapter/verse numbers to go with them....

 

Echo is doing reading cards - I haven't provided any new material.  She is doing good with the sounds of each letter we have done (sometimes mixes up C and G) - and will sound out all the letters of the word - but today anyway once she does the sound for each letter, no matter what the word (mostly) she figures it says "POP"....  so I'm having fun trying to get her to blend it out I guess....      Delta is still working on the sentences, and can figure most of the first 15 out (although I suspect he has memorized the last few words, which is apparently normal.....).   He isn't doing as well with the 15 sentences in lower case though - and I'm kind of disappointed in the book because it really doesn't discuss that much about how to transition them to understanding both cases.....    

 

We haven't been practicing the violin nearly enough, as I just don't have the energy!

 

We have been doing a lot of reading in "The house at Pooh Corner" though.....

No comments: