Sunday, February 17, 2008

Another Lesson

Well, today went ok (yes, I taught them on a Sunday....)  - I did the blocks game - they were fascinated by it, and Delta was thrilled that he can be earning money!   We added in "UP" - and there was a touch of confusion.   I also only went through it the once with them (we sit on the floor, which is hard work for me....) - but they were getting it.  So they each have 6 cents to their name!   I figure on Saturdays, we can count up the money they have earned, and figure out Tithing, and leave a note in it of the previous weeks total, so that we are only paying Tithing on the increase each week...  so we get some math in too!

 

While Echo was in Quiet time, Delta wanted something to do, so from a suggestion of my mom's, I got out a deck of cards - and I showed him how to sort it into the 4 suits.  That was great because he sat down and did it, and I just checked when he was done - and he had them all right.  Great math!.    Another time I'll have him sort them into the values, and he can later sort them into suits - and then into increasing value.....


This evening's session went pretty good too.  It is funny - Echo seems to remember a touch more between lessons - but gets a little confused during the lesson - and Delta needs reminders at the beginning of the lesson - but then generally doesn't get confused....

 

Taking it slow still - just working with "U", "P", and "UP".....  not sure if I'll introduce "PUP" tomorrow or not.....      And I suspect at some time I'm going to have to deal with them being at different stages.....

No comments: