Monday, August 25, 2008

Free Piano

Well, it has been a pretty busy week. We got a free piano!, so I'm going to be able to teach them piano. Mike had his week off, and wanted to do vacation type stuff.... We went to Tinkertown (an amusement park for young kids) and had a hoot. It was also Family Fun Day at "Peak of the Market" so we did that as well. There was a petting zoo at it, and pony rides. It was also to help Child Find - and they had free child id'ing so we did that. The next day our piano arrived - we had to re-arrange the living room for that. We also did the zoo again.

Next week, school officially starts around here, and I am going to start using the schedule I worked out. Delta has asked a couple of times about Kindergarten.... and I don't know how to answer him. I'd already talked to him about him staying home - and he had wanted to - but now he is saying he wants to go to Kindergarten. The homeschooling group around here is having a "not-back-to-school picnic", so I hope that helps a bit.

I'm going to have to be a little hard on Mike I think - for this to work, I need to get the kids in a routine, and Mike doesn't really like routines. When he is off, the kids end up staying up later and later as we go our and drive around, etc. Even if Delta was going to regular school I'd have to nip that in the bud - but it'll be harder with the flexibility homeschooling allows to say, no, they need to be in bed.....

No comments: